The start of the school year has already passed for some time, and yet, we keep rehashing our memories of SVT classes and rethinking the memories we kept of our Spanish classes. As a result, we saw each other again 10 years (20 years? 30 years? 70 years?) earlier scribbling things in our diary, this little book that contained more information about our lives than our family booklet. Oh the nostalgia…
1. Take 8 years to choose it in the store at the start of the school year
The question was whether this year, you took a Student diary to style it (a real rich diary), a diary on the series of the moment (like Wizards of Waverly Place) or a Poivre Blanc diary (the ultimate of style).
2. Spend 30 hours customizing it before back to school because you’re so unique, you see
When you had finally decided to take a simple diary to pimp it your way (but not a Student because in fact, it was way too expensive) came the time for customization. And there, it was better than at the Beaux-Arts, I can tell you. Send your best photos of diaries made-in yourself in the comments that we all laugh a lot together.
3. Draw dicks in the neighbor’s agenda
That was the step just before the battle of pencil strokes that often ended in completely crossed out pages.
4. Find old corners to tear everywhere
Hundreds of them in your pencil case, at the bottom of your backpack, on the top of your slice of jam… Well, you’ll tell me, it was mainly the cleaners who had to bang all those little pieces to pick up in the classes, band of ingrates that we were.
5. Put the date of your birthday on other people’s calendars so that they remember it
It was the ancestor of Facebook, after all.
6. Adopt a color code and a beautiful writing at the beginning of the year
Color code and beautiful writing that you gave up after two weeks because you didn’t have time to write well in your diary if you wanted to be the first to run to the canteen line when the bell rang .
7. Write down all the names of your teachers and the contact details of your parents at the beginning of your diary when it is useless
As if you were really going to register your average in all the subjects each term… Not to us in fact, not to us!
8. Write down your homework in abbreviations and remember what it means once you get home
At the same time, what idea to write “report sheet” and “quest. GF doc. ! What took you to do that huh, tell us!!
9. Make drawings on the pages of holidays and vacations to express your joy
Based on giant hearts, “YOUPIIIII” written in neon everywhere and rough drawings of palm trees. Yes, I read your diaries.
10. Make flipbooks by drawing in the corners
It was often a man jumping on a trampoline, but it was still very creative! You did plastic arts in high school you, right?
11. Write silly stuff on the slices
Not the slices of sandwich bread, but the slices of the diary, on which were written mega inspiring philosophical quotes, like “YOLO”, to show the extent of his culture.
12. Thinking it’s cool to have a Ben diary
That’s not cool. Not cool at all.
13. Record the days you have your period with a little secret symbol that only you know
No, it wasn’t a red heart at all, why do you say that???
14. Paste photos of your favorite stars of the year
For some it was Menelik, for others Nâdiya and for still others One Direction. We were young and innocent then.
15. Ask your friends to write little notes in it
Yes, they all ended in Big Bisous Bien Baveux. I disgust myself.
16. Spending half of her class drawing in it
Hours of training to get yelled at by your teachers to succeed in doing “THE S” with the six bars. But hours crowned by a success that allowed you to fish afterwards (not at all, but it would have been good).