The problem with movies that are set in the future is that someday the distant date they take place will arrive. And there, it’s rarely like in the work, generally the scriptwriters have gone a little far and it gives some really crazy stuff. Last year we showed you the things that were supposed to happen in 2021 according to the movies and there was already a lot of bullshit, so we decided to do it again with those that take place in 2022. Spoiler: it’s not better.
- 1 1. We should eat people like in “Green Sun” (1973)
- 2 2. We should send prisoners into space like in “Alien Intruder” (1993)
- 3 3. We should let people kill each other like in “American Nightmare” (2013)
- 4 4. We should see detective werewolves like in “Among the shadows” (2019)
- 5 5. We should see a bad plagiarism of “The Thing” as in “The Dark Side of the Moon” (1990)
- 6 6. A tsunami is expected to hit Thailand as in “Deathwave” (2009)
- 7 7. A big storm should erupt the Earth as in “Geostorm” (2017)
- 8 8. A couple should give birth to the son of the devil as in “Hell baby” (2012)
- 9 9. We should let the prisoners kill each other on an island like in “No Escape” (1994)
- 10 10. A big alien attack should take place and we would be saved by Mark Hamill like in “Time Runner” (1993)
1. We should eat people like in “Green Sun” (1973)
We start with a bang with this film which takes place in a futuristic New York where pollution and overpopulation have made a mess (so far it’s not completely wrong). A large corporation then manufactures the only food on which the population feeds, but a long investigation makes the world realize that this “food” is actually made from people. It would be creepy if that were true.
2. We should send prisoners into space like in “Alien Intruder” (1993)
Lifers are sent into space to rescue a lost ship. If they succeed in their mission we will cancel their sentence, if they die, well they will be dead. On board the ship they can have virtual reality sex with a lot of women, but another woman comes into the thing and kills all the women in the simulation. Except that she also appears outside the simulation to flirt with them. Spoiler: she’s not human. So far it sounds a lot like bad science fiction, but why not.
3. We should let people kill each other like in “American Nightmare” (2013)
In a society where crime has become unmanageable, the authorities decide to leave a night of “freedom” where all people can carry out all the crimes they want in order to keep everyone well behaved there the rest of the year.
4. We should see detective werewolves like in “Among the shadows” (2019)
A private investigator, a government conspiracy, murders, a thrilling investigation and a long line of werewolves… That’s pretty much the agenda of “Among the shadows” which also takes place in 2022. Probably the most plausible of them all for once this one.
5. We should see a bad plagiarism of “The Thing” as in “The Dark Side of the Moon” (1990)
The crew of a spaceship that must repair satellites that have nuclear weapons (why not) suffers a big breakdown and must approach an old ship to recover parts. Well then there’s an extra-terrestrial bug that takes control of a body but in fact in the end we don’t really know if it’s really an alien or the devil. Yeah the thing is directly released on VOD, it’s not incredible.
6. A tsunami is expected to hit Thailand as in “Deathwave” (2009)
Also called 2022 Tsunami, an unequivocal title, this film takes us like a wave in the race against time of an employee of the tsunami monitoring antenna in Thailand who is trying to warn the world that a tsunami is about to break out in Bangkok. And he’s right, the guy, but no one listens to him. For once we really hope that it will not happen in 2022, but unfortunately it is not an impossible scenario.
7. A big storm should erupt the Earth as in “Geostorm” (2017)
you see the movie The day after ? Frankly it’s almost the same but with the actor of 300. This is the story of a satellite manufacturing engineer who tries to warn the world and save it because he managed to see that a big bastard storm was going to hit the Earth and no one had it seen because there was a nasty bug in the warning satellites.
8. A couple should give birth to the son of the devil as in “Hell baby” (2012)
A couple whose wife is close to giving birth move into a house in New Orleans, only for neighbors to quickly warn them that there has been a lot of creepy fuss in the house and that they would better get away. But the couple decide to stay, even when the woman starts talking like the kid in the exorcist. Well it’s a horror comedy, don’t take it literally.
9. We should let the prisoners kill each other on an island like in “No Escape” (1994)
Imagine if the prisons were run by big multinationals, what would that look like? We would leave the prisoners left to themselves on an island where they would kill each other and indulge in acts of cannibalism? Probably. Anyway, that’s the story of this movie. Hoping it doesn’t come to that this year.
10. A big alien attack should take place and we would be saved by Mark Hamill like in “Time Runner” (1993)
Yeah so it’s complex but basically there is an attack of aliens who fuck everything but at the same time Mark Hamill gets sucked into a wormhole that takes him back 30 years. From there he realizes that the aliens were already on Earth and controlled the world and that they want to kill his pregnant mother to prevent him from coming into the world because he knows the real truth. Ok, that’s very unlikely to happen.