JAIIB Syllabus 2022
- 1 JAIIB Syllabus 2022
- 2 JAIIB Exam Pattern 2022
- 3 JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – Paper I
- 4 JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – Paper-II
- 5 JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – Paper-III
JAIIB Syllabus 2022: Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) conducts exams for JAIIB and CAIIB (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers). The exams of IIBF aim at providing excellence to banking and finance industry employees in their professional careers. The JAIIB Exam is conducted twice a year in the month of June and November. Students must be aware of the topics that are to be covered in the JAIIB Syllabus 2022 for the preparation of the JAIIB 2022 exam. Following topics are covered in the JAIIB exam:
- Principles & Practices of Banking.
- Accounting & Financing for Bankers.
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking.
In this article, we will discuss the JAIIB Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern in detail.
JAIIB Exam Pattern 2022
The following table shows the Exam Pattern of JAIIB:
|Papers||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Principles & Practices of Banking||120||100||2 Hours|
|Accounting & Financing for Bankers|
|Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking|
In JAIIB Exam, each paper is further divided into 4 modules. The JAIIB Syllabus 2022 for Paper I, II, and III is discussed below in detail.
JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – Paper I
Paper I: Principles & Practices of Banking is divided into four modules A, B, C, and D. The modules are:-
- Indian Financial System.
- Function of Banks.
- Banking Technology.
- Supporting Services – Marketing of Banking Services/Products
- Ethics in Bank & Financial Institutions.
Paper I – Module A
Indian Financial System covers the following topics:
- Banking Regulation.
- Retail Banking.
- Wholesale & International Banking.
- Role of Money Market.
- Debt and Forex Markets.
- Roles and Functions of Capital Markets.
- Mutual Funds.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Risk Management & Factoring.
- Fair Practices Code for Debt Collection.
- Recent Developments in the Financial System.
Paper I – Module B
Function of Banks covers the following topics:
- Bank Customer.
- Principles of Lending.
- Banker Special Relationship.
- Cash Operations.
- Customer Protection.
- Know Your Customer (KYC).
- Agriculture Finance.
- Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
- Credit Monitoring.
- Priority Sector Advances.
- Credit Card & Personal Loans.
- Home Loans & Consumer Loans.
Paper I – Module C
Banking Technology covers the following topics:
- Essentials of Bank Computerization.
- Payment Systems.
- Overview of IT Act.
- Data Communication Network.
- Electronic Banking.
- Role of Technology, Upgradation and its Impact on Banks.
- Preventive vigilance in Electronic Banking.
Paper I – Module D
Supporting Services – Marketing of Banking Services/Products covers the following topics:
- Distribution & Promotion.
- Channel Management.
- Marketing, Social Marketing & Networking.
- Direct Marketing Agent in the Bank.
- Marketing Information Systems.
- Role of the Direct Selling Agent.
- Consumer Behavior.
- Product Pricing.
Paper I – Module E
Ethics in Bank & Financial Institutions covers the following topics:
- Ethics, Business Ethics & Banking: An Integrated Perspective.
- Ethics at the Individual Level.
- Ethical Dimensions: Employees.
- Work Ethics and the Workplace.
- Banking Ethics: Changing Dynamics.
JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – Paper-II
Accounting and Finance for Bankers are further divided into the following modules:
- Business Mathematics & Finance.
- Principles of Book-keeping & Accounting.
- Final Accounts.
- Banking Operations.
Paper-II – Module A
Business Mathematics & Finance covers the following topics:
- Capital Budgeting.
- Calculation of YTM.
- Calculation of Interest & Annuities.
- Depreciation & its Accounting.
- Foreign Exchange Arithmetic.
Paper-II – Module B
Principles of Book-keeping & Accounting covers the following topics:
- Maintenance of Cash.
- Scope & Accounting Standards.
- Subsidiary Books and Ledger.
- Basic Accounting Procedures.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Bills of Exchange.
Paper-II – Module C
Final Accounts covers the following topics:
- Balance Sheet Equation.
- Preparation of Final Accounts.
- Ratio Analysis.
- Final Accounts of Banking Companies.
- Company Accounts I & II.
- Accounting in a Computerized Environment.
Paper-II – Module D
Banking Operations covers the following topics:
- Preparation of Vouchers.
- Cash Receipt and Payment Entries.
- Clearing inward and outward entries.
- Transfer debit and credit entries.
- KYC and documents required for KYC.
- Verification of KYC.
- Back Office Operations in Banks.
- Handling of unreconciled entries in Banks.
JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – Paper-III
Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking is further divided into the following modules:
- Regulations & Compliance.
- Legal Aspects of Banking Operations.
- Banking Related Laws.
- Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations.
Paper-III – Module A
Regulations & Compliance covers the following topics:
- Legal Framework of Regulation of Banks.
- Regulation of Banking Business.
- Public Sector Banks & Co-operative Banks.
- Control over Organization of Banks.
- Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Financial sector Development Council.
- Financial Sector Legislative Reforms.
- Recent Legislative Changes in RBI Act.
Paper-III – Module B
Legal Aspects of Banking Operations covers the following topics:
- Different Types of Borrowers.
- Types of Credit Facilities.
- Secured & Unsecured Loans.
- Bank Guarantees.
- Letters of Credit.
- Deferred Payment Guarantees.
- Laws Relating to Bill Finance.
- Various Types of Securities.
Paper-III – Module C
Banking Related Laws covers the following sections:
- The Law of Limitation.
- Tax Laws.
- Payment & Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- The Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and CERSAI.
- Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993 (DRT Act).
- Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Interest Act (SARFAESI).
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme.
Paper-III – Module D
Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations covers the following topics:
- Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930.
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
- Definition and Features of a Company.
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- Information Technology Act, 2000.
- The Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882.
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
JAIIB Syllabus 2022 – FAQ’S
Q1. How many papers are there in JAIIB Syllabus 2022?
Years. There are 3 papers in JAIIB Syllabus 2022: Principles & Practices of Banking, Accounting & Financing for Bankers, and Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking. Each paper is further divided into 4 modules.
Q2. Is there any negative marking in JAIIB Exam?
Years. No, there is no negative marking for wrong answers in JAIIB Exam.
Q3. When does IIBF conduct JAIIB Exam?
Years. IIBF conducts JAIIB Exam twice a year in the month of May and November.
Sharing is caring!