Virtual assistants are very common, and every phone manufacturer has their own version. For Samsung phones, the accessory is Bixby. Samsung also has a special button to call Bixby. Unfortunately, many users would prefer if this button did not exist.
If the Bixby button is driving you crazy, it’s time to learn how to deactivate it. Again, you won’t have to worry about the Bixby pop up when you hide it.
How to disable the Bixby button (for Samsung Galaxy S20 and Note 10)
If you are using the Samsung Galaxy S20 or Samsung Galaxy Note 10, the volume rocker serves as the bottom side Bixby button and power button. By default, the side key will trigger Bixby with a long press instead of opening your power-off menu, but it can be rotated by accessing the side’s settings.
- Press and hold the side key of the device.
- To knock Side settings.
- Toggle on Power off menu under which Press and hold.
- To completely disable Bixby on the side key, make sure Open bixby Not toggled under Double press.
How to disable single press of Bixby key for Samsung Galaxy S10 and older
You were able to disable the Bixby key on older Galaxy smartphones, but with software updates, this is no longer the case. However, when you can’t stop the Bixby key from activating Bixby, you can make it harder to accidentally trigger by requiring a double-press to bring Bixby home. To do this, you’ll need to access a specific setting in a specific part of Bixby – because anything simple, apparently tied to Bixby, is not allowed.
- Press the Bixby key to bring up the Bixby home page.
- Tap and tap three vertical points Adjustment.
- Scroll down until you find the title option Bixby’s.
- Change your option Double press to open Bixby This barely made Bixby open by mistake.
- is that all!
Reassigning Bixby Keys for Samsung Galaxy S20 and Note 10
While you can’t reassign Press and hold Function of side key, you can Double press. Instead of opening Bixby or launching the camera early, the function can be assigned to open the app of your choice.
- Return to the side settings by pressing and tapping it Side settings.
- Toggle on Double press.
- Tap the gear icon next to open app.
- To assign it, select an app from the installed application drawer.
- App Name must be Under open app If done correctly.
Reassign Bixby Key (for Samsung Galaxy S10 and older)
The Bixby button does not have to be all bad. In fact, you may find some convenience in using that button for a different app. If the idea appeals to you, you can actually adjust your settings to assign a different app to the key, such as your maps.
- Go back to Bixby Home and the area where you originally replaced the Bixby key.
- Tap (or double-tap, if you have already changed the Bixby key to open Bixby Home).
- Tap on three vertical dots.
- Beat Adjustment > Bixby’s.
- If you haven’t already, you have to enable Double press to open Bixby.
- Once you do this, you will be able to select the option Use single press. Tap the slider to turn it on.
- Tap open app Choose an app from your list of currently installed apps to launch or tap on that one Run fast order Running the Bixby Quick command when pressed.
- You can find a bunch of good examples by tapping Go to quick command After tapping Run quick order.
You can always put Bixby back as easily as if you switched it to the same setting location. All you have to do is choose single press to reactivate Bixby. Keep in mind that this will overwrite any reassignment of the Bixby key you have installed